Just been catching up with the multitude of tweets I decided to follow - why did I decide to pick so many?!! Think I'm going to have to cut back a bit and stick to the relevant library ones. Ie. I had to check out what was happening on The Block before I read the British Library tweets.
Just read an interesting article on how the British Library has pledged to support university libraries suffering financial constraints. Article is about making sure there is access to the library for those undertaking research. There was an interesting comment from the BL CEO who said that the library was not “moving from physical to digital” but “moving to physical and digital”.
I've attached the address if you would like to read it - I was going to make it a hot link but I'm yet to work out how to do this on blogs - even if it can be done...
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/british-library-pledges-support-to-university-libraries/2002424.article
Hey Bev - your blog is looking good. A bit different from last week? I like it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments on my introduction post. It's nice to know they're being read (even if it is part of the assessment, it still makes me feel like there's someone out there listening!).
If you want to make the link in your article work, you need to edit your post (there's a little pencil in the bottom right corner), go to the section of the post where you want to put a link then select "LINK" from the toolbar at the top of the page.
Then put all that link/URL text into the 'Web address' field and make the 'Text to display' whatever you like (i.e. 'British Library article' or 'Awesome article I read' etc.).
The rest should be pretty straightforward. If not we can give it a crack in the prac on Tuesday.
Blog on!
P.S. My advice re Twitter: don't feel like you have to catch up on all those tweets. Just see what's fresh right now and go with it. That's half the fun. If it happened more than 10 hours ago, let it go I say!
ReplyDeleteOk so Bev I replied to this post in your first post and didn't see Emily's helpful instruction. But it looks to me that you have to follow that less easy way .....
ReplyDeleteHere it is again!
if you want to link in the comments section - but Im so new at this that I might be real wrong! Anyone else?
Hi Bev,
DeleteI think I've followed too many Tweeters as well, finding it hard to keep up!
See you in tomorrow night's class.
Wow! There's a code for linking in a comments box!? I had no idea, thanks Ellen. I'm kind scared to try it, but here goes...
ReplyDeleteUrbanDictionary
If that works it's awesome. If it doesn't, you're gonna have to show me how you did it during the Prac.
Here goes nothing...
It worked! Thank you all and forgive the random Urban Dictionary link. That's cool.
ReplyDelete