Saturday, 23 March 2013

I just did a Wiki edit !!


Yes I just did a Wiki edit !!

Mind you it took me half the day to write up the additional edits (as I wanted to get the info right) and then the other half of the day to get the referencing is some sort of order... But it was worth the effort. Talk about a learning curve and a bit spooky too.

The page already existed but as a 'stub' - which means it had limited details but readers were invited to expand on it. So I set up an account and then 'played around' in my sandbox for awhile trying to get the one and only reference right and then I finally added it into the original entry.

If you're interest it can be found at Charles Browne Hardwicke. He one of my distant ancestors and I just added in some additional background.

3 comments:

  1. Bev that's awesome! Which bits of information did you add to the stub about Mr Hardwicke?

    I also did my first Wiki this weekend but I think you went a step beyond me by including a reference. That is some serious stuff.

    It took me ages to make my own small 1 sentence contribution (with no references I might add).

    I agree it was quite a learning curve and a bit spooky, but also rather exhilarating.

    Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry its taken an age to respond - Ive been working on other things such as EndNote (with great frustration).

    With the wiki edit I added in about six paragraphs at the bottom and had problem sorting out the reference tags. Finally managed to do it but does look clunky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Well done on that. You're an inspiration. I'm going to do mine this weekend so we'll see how that pans out....

    CBH as a rather dignified name!

    ReplyDelete